Friday, December 11, 2009

Isn't it odd?

Growing up in a female dominant household i was raised to believe that gender roles were a huge load of crap. And as time went on the screaming feminist voice in my head agreed, but I never could stay out of the kitchen. Its just odd to me how you can go from being the happy eight year old recieving a delicious pancake breakfast-to the person happy to serve it. I still do believe that women should be able to work-and men should share the household responsibilities-BUT when i am working i still like to come home and make a delicious home cooked meal, and still clean the house. Sometimes i wonder if its just in my dna, there is nothing i love more than pleasing the people i love. But currently being out of a job i spend a lot of my time cleaning and cooking-and a little part of me looks down on myself for enjoying it. I have conflicting emotions about it I suppose, I always swore to myself that i was going to go about life a little different, but like i said it pleases me to do the things that just seem to be encoded in my dna. But a couple things my mother did teach me were to budget better than any one ive ever met-and when it comes to grocery shopping its almost painful to watch my friends shop-when i know i could buy the same amount of food for 40 dollars cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment